Istoricul restaurantului “Casa Hirscher”
Casa Hirscher, also known as “the house of merchandise” was built between 1539-1545. Apollonia Hirscher, wife of former county of Brasov, Lukas Hirscher, built this house on her expenses as a tribute to the memory of her husband, “small in stature but big of wisdom”.
Designed in the style of the old western buildings, with many rooms and vaulted cellars for the goods brought in weekly to be held for the fairs that were held at “the Square”, alongside “starling fairs”, “clothes fairs” or “flower fairs”, with pilasters and arches between witch the skilled craftsmen of the 50 guilds of Brasov displayed their products, the building was for centuries a symbol of prosper economic life, among major European crossroads.
The famous masters are gone, but the proud effigies of the guilds were kept. It’s been ages, fires and earthquakes, but the house remained. Now, the bistro “Casa Hirscher”, opened in February 20, 2004, invites you, as once the old inns were: “Please enter beloved guest, give way to a halt respite, to spend and be merry in the welcoming atmosphere of old times … “
Contact us !
Monday09:00 - The last client
Tuesday09:00 - The last client
Wednesday09:00 - The last client
Thursday09:00 - The last client
Friday09:00 - The last client
Saturday09:00 - The last client
Sunday09:00 - The last client